We had so much fun spending time with Ivy Kaplin at her beautiful bridal shop, Lovely Bride Philly. Being surrounded by so many gorgeous things is inspiring, and I dare you to leave without a smile on your face. You can find Lovely Bride in the heart of Old City at 237 Market Street (between 2nd and 3rd Streets). The wedding gowns from designers including Anna Campbell, Carol Hannah, Claire La Faye, Elizabeth Dye, Ivy & Aster, Katie May, Lea-Ann Belter, Leanne Marshall, Nicole Miller, Rosa Clara Soft, Sarah Seven, The Lovely One, Theia, and Watters range in price from $1,000 – $5,000, with 15 dresses under $1,500! They also have a ton of pretty bridal accessories including beaded belts, earrings, necklaces, hair pieces, and veils.
While there, we asked Ivy for some wedding gown shopping tips, and here’s what she wanted to share with brides to be…
- The ideal buying time for your wedding gown is 9 months out, so shopping 9-10 months out is perfect.
- Do some research… not every store has the same styles. Get an idea of what kind of bride you want to be and go to the stores that cater to that aesthetic.
- Be strategic about who you bring shopping. While a large group might sound like fun, it can make the decision making process more challenging. Remember… this dress is about YOU.
- Wear nude underwear. You are trying on dresses in a light color in a store with bright lights. Dark underwear can be distracting.
- After you buy your gown… STOP LOOKING! There are many beautiful dresses out there, but trust your gut. You bought your dress for a reason and you will love it on your wedding day.
- Enjoy the experience!
images via jaclyn’s iphone